Travel Tips when using your credit union debit card
Have a trip coming? How exciting! Before you go, here are some helpful tips when using your credit union Debit Card while traveling!
- Please contact us to let us know where and when you are traveling
- Call SouthPoint Financial Credit Union at 877-794-6712, Option 2 – 24 hour service 7 days a week.
- If you are traveling outside of the U.S., please note that some countries have restrictions that may limit how you can use your card. Contact the Credit Union for details.
- Use your card regularly within the first three days of your trip. This helps establish a pattern of usage outside your normal transactions.
- Make sure to have your SouthPoint App available on your phone to spot check your account use.
- Ensure that your card is activated prior to your trip and you know your PIN
- CardValet offers real-time card controls, helping you manage your finances by specifying how, when and where your card is used with just a few taps on your smartphone.
Life happens. The key is to be prepared. We strongly encourage you to bring a backup card on your trip such as your SouthPoint Visa credit card or another credit card.
Please note that transactions are sometimes blocked based on a particular merchant, merchant location or time of day. If your card doesn’t work at one merchant/machine, it is possible that it will work in a different area/machine/merchant.
Call 1-877-794-6712 Option 2 24 hour service 7 days a week, if you experience difficulties.
Call 1-877-794-6712 Option 1 if your card is lost or stolen.