Need A Hand?
Community First Program. Offering a multitude of assistance to those faced with a financial hardship.
As a not-for-profit financial institution, we stand true to our core mission of “people helping people.” When our members are faced with a hardship in the wake of a disaster, we want them to know that their credit union is standing behind them. That’s why we have implemented a comprehensive program of financial support initiatives to help the people and communities we serve. SouthPoint’s Community First Program is designed to assist members to be in a better position to recover quickly from the effects of a hardship. SouthPoint is committed to supporting members during times of uncertainty and will work with members on an individual level to find a solution to tailor to their specific needs. We’re here to help. Options include:
Disaster Relief Loan
For members facing financial hardship, SouthPoint offers personal loans at low interest rates to help during their time of need.
- Low fixed-rate* loans with minimal credit qualifications
- Amounts available from $500-5,000
As neighbors, we understand the challenges that commercial and business members face. We will work with you and your business to find an option that truly fits your need. Options include resources from the Department of Employment and Economic Development and the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- Low interest loans up to $2 million through the U.S. Small Business Administration at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela
- MN Department of Employment and Economic Development program resources up to $35K at https://mn.gov/deed/business/financing-business/deed-programs/peacetime/
The Mortgage Relief Program offers financial assistance to members who have been negatively impacted by a recent disaster event as it pertains to their SouthPoint Home Mortgage.
- Specialized options available depending on individual needs
- To begin, click the below for the Mortgage Assistance Application
If a member is having difficulty with their monthly payments to a SouthPoint loan, Skip-a-Pay can offer financial relief for those who qualify.
- Option to skip a consumer loan payment
- Potential $30 fee waiver
*This does not apply to real estate, ready reserve loans, commercial loans, semi and annual payments. Cannot skip more than one monthly consecutive payment at a time. Please contact us at 877-794-6712 if you have any questions.
Relief CD Withdrawal
Members can take a one-time penalty free withdrawal from their CD due to a disaster event to cover expenses incurred by the event or lost wages caused by the event.