Being able to share information with hundreds of followers at one time isn’t the only benefit of being on social media for businesses. With having your business on social media you are able to learn about your members/customers and in return can contribute to the success and growth of your company.
Here are a few of the advantages of being on social media:
- Learn about your audience
- Target groups
- Access to new members/customers
- If your followers are interacting with your posts (likes, shares, favorites, etc.), their friends will see your post as well, which increases your visibility to non-followers.
- Instant feedback
- Increase website traffic and search ranking
- Share content faster and easier
- Create relationships with your members/customers
- Increase brand awareness
Social media isn’t just for the large companies; it is also a great marketing and communication tool for small businesses. You don’t need to have a presence on every social media site to be successful. I suggest starting with just one type of social media that your target audience is using and then work into the others if you feel that you would like to reach a different group.