It’s the time of year we have been waiting for! For some of us the moments of the season are filled with bonfires, ball games and grill outs. For others, a strict budget can limit our activities.
Five ways to enjoy summer on a budget
- Visit state parks: to visit most state parks you just need a state park sticker for the year, which comes at a reasonable cost. State parks offer great ways to engage in outdoor activities, as well as enjoy time with family or friends.
- Take a road trip and pack your meals ahead of time: taking a road trip is a wonderful way to enjoy the scenic route of what summer has to offer. By also pre-packing your meals, it saves on the cost of stopping at a gas station or restaurant. Both options that are costly.
- Take a vacation with family or friends by way of camping: vacations are costly when you factor in hotel stays, possible sights and attractions. If you pack a tent or travel by camper, you will save on hotel stays and will enjoy a vacation without breaking the bank.
- Take a nature walk: taking a hike outdoors is one of the best ways to get fresh air and it’s free! A walk is a great way to discover the sights, sounds and smells of the season. If you take a buddy, it can also be a great form of exercise and a way to spend time with family and friends.
- Host a grill out and make it a potluck: having a grill out is another fun way to hang out with your family and friends. By making it a potluck, you save on the cost of buying all of the food.
Whether you have funds to take a luxurious vacation or you live off of a tight budget, summer is a joyous time of year for all.