In an effort to help ease the burden food shelves may be feeling due to COVID-19, and to support its local communities, SouthPoint Foundation has donated $7,000 to area food banks.
Receiving $1,000 donations each are:
- Sleepy Eye Food Shelf
- Springfield Area Food Shelf
- St. Peter Food Shelf
- New Ulm Emergency Food Shelf
- ECHO Food Shelf of Mankato/North Mankato
- McLeod Emergency Food Shelf in Hutchinson
- Waconia United Food Shelf
“Food shelves across the country are experiencing unprecedented demand,” said Troy Diedrich, President of the SouthPoint Foundation. “We are grateful to the individuals that serve the nutritional needs of our communities during this time.”
SouthPoint Foundation is grateful for the support the seven food shelves provide to community members and hopes the donations provide some reprieve for the food banks.