Five area high school seniors have been awarded scholarships from the SouthPoint Foundation during their second year of giving.
Receiving a $1,000 scholarship each to help further their education are:
- Regina Surprenant, Sleepy Eye; St. Mary’s High School
- Alyssa Hrdlicka, St. Peter; St. Peter High School
- Austin Hiles, Winthrop; GFW High School
- Victoria Thormodson, Madelia; Homeschool
- Justus Borgwardt, New Ulm; Luther Preparatory School
SouthPoint Foundation received 82 scholarship applications in which the applicants answered an essay prompt discussing how their money management habits changed during the pandemic, and how they used SPFCU’s products and services to reach their goals. The essays were anonymously reviewed and scored by an internal committee.
“The SouthPoint Foundation thanks all members that applied for our second year of scholarships,” said Troy Diedrich, President of the Foundation. “We are humbled for the opportunity to help provide funds to further the education of these five recipients.”
SouthPoint Foundation will offer another scholarship opportunity to high school seniors in 2022.
Watch below for a special announcement video showcasing our winners!