Answer the following essay question in 500 words or less:
Credit Unions are cooperatives. Using one of the seven Principles of Cooperatives, how would you convince a friend or family member of the value of using a credit union compared to other financial institutions?
The seven Cooperative Principles are:
- Voluntary and Open Membership.
- Democratic member control.
- Members’ economic participation.
- Autonomy and independence.
- Education, training and information.
- Cooperation among cooperatives.
- Concern for community.
Essay applications must be submitted electronically by 11:59 p.m., CST, March 31, 2020. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.